We are currently accepting community service applications for our construction sites & a ride-along for our ReStore driver. In order to assure a positive experience as well as your safety, please read the following guidelines and complete the form below. Your electronic signature indicates acceptance of these terms. Your signed paperwork will be kept on file at York Habitat for Humanity’s office. Should you be unable to follow these guidelines, you will be asked to find an alternative location to complete your hours.
You may not fulfill court ordered community service hours with York Habitat if you were assigned hours for any offense related to burglary, aggression or violence, sex-related crimes, weapons charges, or crimes involving minors.
To ensure a positive experience the following guidelines must be met:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Work a full shift (8am-3pm) on the construction site or ReStore ride-along position unless otherwise approved by a York Habitat team member.
- Wear appropriate work clothing as job assignments usually involve dirt, paint, heavy lifting, etc.
- Work shoes, boots or sneakers are required. Open-toed shoes NOT PERMITTED.
- If you need a letter to prove completed hours, the Volunteer Services Manager must be made aware prior to your first day on the build site. Once your hours are completed, you must again request a letter documenting your service. Allow up to five (5) business days for the letter to be prepared. PLAN AHEAD!
- If any information on the Volunteer Sheet is forged, you forfeit any earned hours prior to that date, as they are no longer verifiable. You may not return to York Habitat to complete the remainder of your assigned community service hours.
- IF YOUARE LATE OR CANNOT MAKE AN ASSIGNMENT, you must call or email the Volunteer Services Manager.
- If you are late two times or absent one time without calling in, you can be terminated.
- York Habitat for Humanity reserves the right to terminate agreement for court ordered community service if the participant is in any way unproductive, disruptive, or in any way negatively impacts the accomplishment of York Habitat’s daily goals.
By my electronic signature, I state that I have read and agree to York Habitat for Humanity’s policy regarding Court Ordered Community Service Volunteers. I understand that I am subject to termination if I do not conduct myself in a responsible and/or safe manner at all times. I understand that I must log my hours online and request a letter to prove my completed hours. I understand that my hours are not sent automatically to the courts or to Probation Officers. I also understand some convictions may make me ineligible to volunteer at York Habitat for Humanity.